Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ivanuska
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sharepoint list - suddenly table is empty

Hi guys,

I would need your help - from 15th of March I am not able to see data in one of my Sharepoint lists that is being imported to Power BI.

I have the access to the list using my company O365 account that is also used for connection. The thing is that I can see table in Power BI however if I expand the items I got "This table is empty" notification. 

There is no filters applied in Query editor.

ivanuska_0-1710581308784.png

Sharepoint list itself containc 1500+ entries. Until 14th of March, data were loaded with no issue.

What might cause the sudden issue?

Thank you for any help.

Ivanuska

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Our engineers have solved this issue, if there are any follow-up questions, please leave a comment below. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Our engineers have solved this issue, if there are any follow-up questions, please leave a comment below. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nellekekb

I'm also experiencing the exact same thing for two of my lists since March 15th when the reports started to fail to refresh. 
Is it useful to raise a support ticket to speed things up? I also really need this to be fixed without changing the visability setting.

It's working! Thanks

@nellekekb Please see the message from @v-junyant-msft from Microsoft. It does sound like the engineers are aware and workin the problem. I doubt more tickets would do anything at this point, but you do you. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

Thanks all!

Hi everybody,

Microsoft support team has just advised sharepoint team applied another changes that should fix the issue.

I have tested the refresh on my Sharepoint list and the refresh was successful.

Hi all ,

i can also confirm that the issue is fixed now. 

best regads

Denis

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

I apologize for the inconvenience, our engineers have confirmed that this is a known issue and are already attempting to resolve the issue, as soon as there is any progress I will respond at the bottom of the thread.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience!

Best Regards,
Dino Tao

LubanaM

Yeah, it happened with me too. all of sudden SharePoint list imported via Power Query into PowerBI reports are showing empty. it is really strange that few of the SharePoint lists are working and few have this issue. I would like to keep the setting as i want users to view their data only.

Kindly let me know any update on this issue, Standby till then!

jtao
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @ivanuska,  I also found this issue since 15/3/24 at 7AM when the semantic model refresh failed. Then I used PowerBI desktop to connect to two Sharepoint lists which came back with empty table. 

DenisW

Dear invanuska,

we had the same problem.

We solved it in the List-Settings of the list.

Goto the "advanced settings" -> "Item level permission" and check if "Read access" is "Read all items" :

DenisW_1-1710749609568.png

Hope that helps.

best regads Denis

Hi @DenisW ,

after changing settings it will become visible in Power BI. However, the owner of the Sharepoint list requires this settings not to be changed.

I will pass this valuable information to Microsoft within the pending support ticket.

Thank you

Hi,

Any response from Microsoft Support? I have similar problem and I am looking for possible solution without changing SharePoint settings.

Thanks

Hi @M4teusz , unfortunately no update at this moment. Microsoft started investigation with Sharepoint engineer. I am waiting for their feedback.

mkusler
Helper II
Helper II

@ivanuska 

I don't have any solutions as of yet, but I wanted to highlight that the exact same thing happened to a couple reports I maintain, each using lists from different SharePoint sites. I maintain quite the catalog, but it so far the only issues have been with two SharePoint sites. The other thing is, this all fell apart on 3/14/24 as well.

Definately someting Microsoft needs to look into. Hopefully we get more eyes on this. I created a new list on one of the SharePoint sites and was able to get data from that, but the original that currently houses all the data still comes up empty. I hope there is some sort of resolution because I don't want to have to clone the SP List and redo everything.

I too have had this problem. I can see all the data in the list itself perfectly, but PBI just tells me the table is empty now. Everything was fine until late last week. Would be interested to hear of what the resolution is

Hi @Gav10 ,

as indicated by @DenisW , in Advanced settings you can switch Item Level Permission to "Read all items" if records in the list can be seen by all list users.

ivanuska_0-1710758514414.png

Unfortunately we only want users of the list to see and edit their own records and not everyone elses

Thank you @mkusler for confirming the issue. I have created support ticket and will come back once I will have any news.

@ivanuska thank you. any update so far? Awaiting for rectification from MS.

@ivanuska How do you create a support ticket for Microsoft? I've been looking all over but can't find it, it just brings me back here.

I would like to submit a ticket as well as I need to get these reports up and running again, as I'm sure we all do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.