Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rythm26

SharePoint online usage analytics using powerbi usage analytics template

Hi,

I dowloaded  Power BI Template file for O365 usage analytics from here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/usage-analytics/customize-reports?view=o365-wor...   as a starting point to connect to the data and visualize the analytics. What I am looking for is that for "User activity" on SharePoint online, I don't see a way to filter the dataset by site collection. Currently, I only see "Department", Country, City as the filters.  I am only looking to run these analytics for a single site collection that I am interested in. Any way to achieve this by modifying this template?

5 REPLIES 5
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rythm26 ,

Based on your senario, the URL query string parameter may meet your requirement, for more details, please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for not being clear. I am using the pbit file provided by microsoft for running usage analytics on O365 workloads. If anyone used this template, how to filter the analytics for a single site collection in SharePoint online. Currently this template has filters for country, department, state etc. but not a filter so that metrics can be filtered for a single site collection. Please help

did you find out a soludion for this ? i am looking in to the same scenario . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.