Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joaoprmp

Share Queries between different Power BI Reports

I use a Sharepoint Online Site collection to do Portfolio Managent and I have different subsites for each project that include lists for Goals, tasks, issues, change requests, etc... All subsites use the same template.

I'm currently using Power BI to do data aggregation for all the taks, issues, etc... of every project subsites.

I'm using Power BI desktop client for all the reports.

Since I'm doing different Reports for issues, risks, tasks, etc... I would like to create a Report and then a Dashbaord to consolidate all the Portfolio of projects and build some KPIs. And for that, instead of having to create all the diferent queries for the project issues, tasks, etc... all over again , I would like to use the queries that I've already build before.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm not able to share my queries in Power BI Desktop Client neither in Power BI in O365 or using Data Azure Catalog! Right?

Can someone give me a hint, please?

1 REPLY 1
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The queries in the Query Editor of PBI Desktop are to establish the fundamental data sets/model needed for the reporting goals.

In PBI I don't think of a single discrete query object as one has in a database in terms of a sql statement - but rather modeling is typically a series of steps to add calculated tables/columns to establish the data model.   So copying at this level isn't usually a question that is asked.

Once the core data sets/model is established then a wide variety of reports can be built from them, and then in turn a wide variation of dashboards can be created using pages from a variety of reports.

If you have alot of parallel table data sets - which would cause you to remake the same reports repeatedly but oriented to different table - if their table stucture is identical you would want to consider consolidating them into a master table so that a single report with filtering can be used.

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.