Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DragonCIC
Frequent Visitor

Shaping Multiple Response Survey Data that is Weighted

I am very new to Power BI and have been tasked with creating a Power BI report that calculates weighted percentages for several multiple dicotomous questions.  For example I have a question with 15 possible answers for Other Purposes of Trip.  In my original data that I want to read into Power BI, I have 15 variables/columns which contain either a 1 (checked response) or 0 (not checked).  For each row I also have an expansion factor (FINALWT). How do I go about calculating the sum of each weighted "checked" items divided by sum of all weights across all rows with at least one checked item?

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DragonCIC ,

It is very difficult to analyze without looking at the data and just by imagining. See if you can paste the image of the chart representing any sample data.It's better to show a picture with the corresponding results you want.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here are screen shots of the data I am working with...  I am sorry I cannot seem to get my example data to upload... 😣

Data LayoutData LayoutData ExampleData ExampleUnweighted and Weighted FrequencyUnweighted and Weighted Frequency

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@DragonCIC 

Can you share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question?
You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube, LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.