Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jenmeister
Regular Visitor

Setting column sizes in a matrix

Hi everyone, 

I'm quite new to Power BI so still figuring out how things function on there. I've been trying to set the columns of my matrices to be exact sizes but cannot seem to find an option to do so in 'Format visual'. I've been using the drag bar that appears at the end of each cell of the matrix to resize but when I re-adjust the date of the slider at the top, all the cells of the matrix stay the same size apart from the 'column subtotal' cell at the end which becomes smaller.

jenmeister_2-1684773847287.png

Is there any way I could either fix the size of the last cell or set a consistent size across all cells so they don't resize when I apply the slider?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @jenmeister 
Unfortunately, there is no generic option to fix columns with on matrix.
But you can modify it with the trick of using the fictive measure and function Rept.

Please follow the instructions in the attached video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZtuifazEHk

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @jenmeister 
Unfortunately, there is no generic option to fix columns with on matrix.
But you can modify it with the trick of using the fictive measure and function Rept.

Please follow the instructions in the attached video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZtuifazEHk

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.