Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Chaithra_Kushal
Frequent Visitor

Set date range on selecting specific fiscal year while also be able to select date outside the range

I have a date table with Fiscal year(Nov - Oct) and Date. I have a report with these two slicers, when selecting a Fiscal year, I would like the date range to be set to Nov - Oct while also be able to select a date from outside the range. Currently, I am able to set the date range to that specific fiscal year using edit interactions. But, the rest of the months are disabled.
Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Chaithra_Kushal 

If you select date range outside the year 2023, therefore your page will show Year as 2023 but other visual will show data for 2022 or 2023 or 2024. I think this will be very confusing information for business users.

To achieve your requirement, you should turn off the interaction between Year and Date slicer. Please note, default date range will not work that time.

Or use only date slicer

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chaithra_Kushal
Frequent Visitor

Chaithra_Kushal_1-1710259771163.png

Fiscal year 2023: Range is Nov 2022-Oct 2023(default)
Which i am able to implement.

Chaithra_Kushal_2-1710259853869.png

But unable to pick a date from outside the range. How can I achieve this?

Hi @Chaithra_Kushal 

If you select date range outside the year 2023, therefore your page will show Year as 2023 but other visual will show data for 2022 or 2023 or 2024. I think this will be very confusing information for business users.

To achieve your requirement, you should turn off the interaction between Year and Date slicer. Please note, default date range will not work that time.

Or use only date slicer

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Chaithra_Kushal 

Can you please share screenshot of the current state and expected result

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.