Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

enswitzer
Helper III
Helper III

Set a measure equal to a filtered value of a different subset of that data???

I'm not even 100% sure how to explain what I want to do here, so if there is a less complicated way to get where I'm going, PLEASE chime in. But essentially I have data that looks like this:

ProjectDecision PointTarget DateActual Date
1A1/14/20192/11/2019
1B4/26/20195/2/2019
1C4/28/20204/16/2020
1D10/12/2020 
1E10/27/2020 

I want to make a gantt chart of this data where I mostly use the Actual date of the decision point PRIOR as the start Date and the Actual Date of the Decision Point as the End Date, unless there is no actual date, then I want use the Target Date. (Or unless it's DP A where I have to use the Target date as the start date right now because we haven't been capturing a start date of projects yet)

So in this case, I would want the Date Variables to be as listed below. Is there a good way for me to be able to create these Start and End Date Variables?

ProjectDecision PointStart Date End Date
1A1/14/20192/11/2019
1B2/11/20195/2/2019
1C5/2/20194/16/2020
1D4/16/202010/12/2020
1E10/12/202010/27/2020

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Source table "Gantt":

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUXIEYkN9QxN9IwNDSyDbSN/QEMKO1YGocAJioLQZTIWpvhGqAmeIAgugqJEBmG1oBmHDVLiALDHQNzSCKVGAS7lCpIzMkaRiAQ==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Project = _t, #"Decision Point" = _t, #"Target Date" = _t, #"Actual Date" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Target Date", type date}, {"Actual Date", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Calculated columns (note that Start Date depends on End Date so End Date needs to be defined first)

End Date = COALESCE(Gantt[Actual Date],Gantt[Target Date])

Start Date = 
var d = Gantt[Decision Point]
return if(d="A",Gantt[Target Date],CALCULATE(max(Gantt[End Date]),all(Gantt),Gantt[Decision Point]<d))

Result:

lbendlin_0-1601685428200.png

Note: this does not include the project filter. I leave that exercise up to you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Source table "Gantt":

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUXIEYkN9QxN9IwNDSyDbSN/QEMKO1YGocAJioLQZTIWpvhGqAmeIAgugqJEBmG1oBmHDVLiALDHQNzSCKVGAS7lCpIzMkaRiAQ==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Project = _t, #"Decision Point" = _t, #"Target Date" = _t, #"Actual Date" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Target Date", type date}, {"Actual Date", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Calculated columns (note that Start Date depends on End Date so End Date needs to be defined first)

End Date = COALESCE(Gantt[Actual Date],Gantt[Target Date])

Start Date = 
var d = Gantt[Decision Point]
return if(d="A",Gantt[Target Date],CALCULATE(max(Gantt[End Date]),all(Gantt),Gantt[Decision Point]<d))

Result:

lbendlin_0-1601685428200.png

Note: this does not include the project filter. I leave that exercise up to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.