Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

datadatadata

Server dails to refresh "Qe cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary" No binary value

I am getting to types of errors which are probably related. For context, the dashboard is a large and complex model with over 20 queries and 15 data sources, pulling from Azure, Shaerpoint and other sources.

First, on the desktop, I can only refresh the data when I open the Power Query editor, refresh the data sources and then close it. Then  I can refesh the data with no problems. Otherwise, one of the query dependencies will fail.

Second, once I do the Power Query editor part and I upload, I always get this error but in different queries: Data source error: Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary.. . The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: XXXXX.

The Table will change on each iteration. None of the tables have binary values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@datadatadata for binary to type binary issue:
You need to make sure that all your connections where you are appending or merging data have the same privacy level. 
Check this link: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Underlying-error-message-We-cannot-convert-the-val...

This might also solve the first error?

Cheers,
Nemanja Andic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@datadatadata for binary to type binary issue:
You need to make sure that all your connections where you are appending or merging data have the same privacy level. 
Check this link: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Underlying-error-message-We-cannot-convert-the-val...

This might also solve the first error?

Cheers,
Nemanja Andic

This worked. THanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.