Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vmontaldo
Frequent Visitor

Send a report by Email but the dataset is using a Live Connection to Analysis Services

Hi,

I try to send a Email by subscribe Cattura2.PNG but I have this message:

Cattura.PNG

thanks 

Valentina

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Valentina @vmontaldo,

The subscribe feature doesn't work once RLS is applied to the dataset.

HOWEVER, there is a workaround which I have tried (using Outlook automation).

Once RLS is applied, and if we then start a new subscription, the only person who will receive the auto email is ourself. We don't get any option to change the sender. We can also decide the subject line. The sender of these emails is same : no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com

So we can use Outlook Rules.

What I have done is:

If I receive an email from no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com,

with xyz123 Report as Subject line,

Then redirect (more neater)/forward this email to certain people or group of people.

Inkedtempsnip_LI.jpg 

Does the job for me. Hope it does for you too (with some more customizations to suit you). All the best ! 🙂

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vmontaldo,

Here are some considerations  for subscribing to a report or dashboard in Power BI service. For more details, please check the online document.

• For dashboard email subscriptions, if any tiles have row level security (RLS) applied, those tiles will not display. For report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses RLS, you will not be able to create a subscription.
  • If any dashboard tiles have row level security (RLS) applied, those tiles will not display.
  • For email subscriptions on live connection datasets, you will only get emails when the data changes. So, if a refresh occurs but no data changes, Power BI will not send you an email.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi,

I'm the owner of Report and I received the mail.

The problem now is :

I must send this Report to other members but I have this message :  

You cannot subscribe others because this artifact has row-level security or the dataset is using a Live Connection to Analysis Services

In the document I read:

"Certain settings your organization may be configured in Azure Active Directory which may limit the ability to use e-mail subscriptions in Power BI. This includes, but isn't limited to, having multi-factor authentication or IP range restrictions when accessing resources"

Do we have to configure Azure Active Directory ? 

Thanks 

Valentina

Hi @vmontaldo,

Actually ,if the dataset uses RLS, you will not be able to create a subscription.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.