Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kboud3
Helper I
Helper I

Select all rows in a table

I have a slicer that will filter a table, but the visuals connected to the table will not filter unless I select the row on the table. It is easy sometimes when the filtered table only has 3-5 rows, but when the filtered table has 25-30 rows it gets time consuming to hold ctrl and select each row. Is there a way to mass select all the filtered rows? Kind of like clicking the first row and holding shift and clicking the last row. Is that a function in Power BI?

7 REPLIES 7
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kboud3 ,

If the data type in the slicer is a number or a date, you can switch the slicer type to between:

vjunyantmsft_0-1703050499839.pngvjunyantmsft_1-1703050515598.png

If the data type in the slicer is text or character, then I'm sorry, there is no way to quickly multi-select it. There is only one Select All button to quickly select all:

vjunyantmsft_2-1703050639921.pngvjunyantmsft_3-1703050649020.png

You can present your ideas here:
Home (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

tzvetkov_b87
Helper I
Helper I

Looking at this, "plm_job_contact" doesn't appear to be filtering any other table as all the relationships are inactive, so in your measures you probably have the USERELATIONSHIP added to the CALCULATE functions somewhere?

When you filter anything on USER_ID, unless the visuals contain some measures with the USERELATIONSHIP they probably wouldn't get filtered out.

Well, there is two active relationships coming from it. The column "Job" has an active relationship to "Job" in both "query - cm weekly" and "tblprojections" table. I know there is a lot of cleaning up I could do, so that's why I was wondering if there was a way to select all rows kind of like using shift + click. 

Ok I see what you mean. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to select all rows in a table. Possibly try adding a second slicer with some field from the other table and then "Select All" from the slicer?

If that doesn't work, then hopefully somebody else can jump in and help.

Thank you anyway!

tzvetkov_b87
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @kboud3 ,

Is there any chance you can attach a screenshot of your relationships in the model? It sounds like something is not set up correctly - if you select an option on a Slicer it should filter your whole page, unless the "Edit Interactions" have been changed.

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

This explains more about the interactions, in case you have disabled the Slicer from filtering other visuals.

Boyan

kboud3_0-1703005479331.png

So it is a bit confusing. The slicer value is "user_id" in the table "plm_job_contact" and the visuals contain data in the "query - CM Weekly". Those two tables are connected by the data point "Job". The plm_Job_contact table was added today, so it was hard to create relationships because of all the other active direct and indirect relationships that already existed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.