Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jonasro4308
Frequent Visitor

Secondary Axis on Line/Stacked Column Chart showing when turned off

I frequently use the default Line and Stacked Column chart in my Power BI visualizations.  Up to the October 2019 release of Power BI Desktop, when I turned the Y Axis off (and by extension the secondary axis), they didn't appear (which I would consider "normal")...

Now, with the latest release (noticed this on published dashboards as well), the secondary axis is showing up even though the Y Axis and Secondary Axis format toggles are OFF.

If I go in and enable the secondary axis and then turn it off, the line values fall to 0, making it useless.

I can't be the only one that wants to use the secondary axis but not have it visually appear.  And changing the font color of the axis so it is invisible isn't a "fix"... 

Is there an actual "fix"? 

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So I believe this has been reported a couple of times recently. In the Service even if you have the secondar axis turned off, it displays in the Service. Check the Issues forum. 

Now, when I created one as an experiment in the latest version of the desktop, the secondary axis was displayed even though in the formatting pane it was set to "Off". I had to flip it to on and then back off for it to go away.

Definitely appears to be a bug.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.