Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Search not waiting for typing

Noticing that recently (maybe since the July 18 release) that as you type a field name in search it starts searching immediately rather than wait for typing.   What that means is that if you type "apple", it starts searching as soon as you type "a", and finds all fields with "a" in the name.   I beleive that previously there was a delay in searching to allow for typing of a full term.   At least I never had the problem before, but have seen it a lot recently.  It freezes while it completes the search.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found that someone has also posted this idea.   I proposed a solution in a comment.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34676881-improve-performance-of-f...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say its not solved.  The pasting from another application, which technically would work, is not a reasonable workflow.   I don't think this problem is unique to us, and an unintended consequence of the change.   I'd like to propose disabling this (maybe as an option).   Would you suggest I post this as an idea, then we can close this ticket?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found that someone has also posted this idea.   I proposed a solution in a comment.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34676881-improve-performance-of-f...

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on your situation, I suggest you to enter the field or column in notepad, then copy it to the search box.

B.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, now thesearch starts as soon as you start typing. May be little slow if your model is huge & has number of measures & columns , but useful in many cases.

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I thought something changed.   The model I am working on now is very large, maybe 50 tables each with a good amount of fields.   So when I type the first letter, it searched and I have to wait to type the second letter as it displays all the fields with "a" in it (just about all the fields).   This might be an unintended consequence of that change for large models.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.