Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

thx1137
Helper I
Helper I

Scenario Compare - Two Sets of Slicers

Greetings,

Trying to build a report that compares two scenarios of Sales.  I've got a period slicer for Scenario 1 and another period slicer for Scenario 2 and a table for Scenario 1 and a table for Scenario 2.  Using Edit Interactions, I'm able to have the Scenario 1 period slicer drive the results in the Scenario 1 table and the same setup for Scenario 2.

In the best case I'd have both sales amounts (scenario 1 and scenario 2) in the SAME table, but I don't know how that would be possible, so I've gone with the 2 table approach.

Now, I want to be able to show the difference between the two scenarios...and I am approaching this with a third table...but I can't figure out how to configure interactions to make the measure in the third table show a value in situations where the scenarios are being driven by different periods.  When the period selection for each of the scenarios are the same, it works and shows 0, but the point is to show the difference in scenarios.

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

hello @thx1137 

i understand that your requirement is to compare different date periods againt each others base on selection froom different date slicers . if that so,  you can refer to this article. 

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/filtering-and-comparing-different-time-periods-with-power-bi/

in your case, you need to have 3 dimdate tables . 

let me know if this helps.

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🤠

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

hello @thx1137 

i understand that your requirement is to compare different date periods againt each others base on selection froom different date slicers . if that so,  you can refer to this article. 

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/filtering-and-comparing-different-time-periods-with-power-bi/

in your case, you need to have 3 dimdate tables . 

let me know if this helps.

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🤠

I will review the link!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.