Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BInewbie
Frequent Visitor

Scatter Plot - Categorical X Axis issue

The september 2018 release allows us to use categorcal variables on the X axis of a scatter plot.

I have achieved this with year along the x axis, and an index value on the y axis. However as soon as I add company to details, the visual breaks.

Error: Remove details to display x and y axis pairs. Alternatively, you can keep details and set a summarisation for x and y axis.

Im trying to achieve a dot for every company (will only appear in one year) with their corresponding index value. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BInewbie 

Here is Scatter Plot - Categorical X Axis chart which will help to get categorical variable on X-axis and index value on Y-axis.

Scatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/scatter-plot-with-categorical-data 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BInewbie,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BInewbie,

Based on my test, I could reproduce your problem, I suggest you to sum your [ID] and [Year], then you could see the correct result.

1.PNG2.PNG

Result:

3.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.