Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tihannah
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same Column/Filter - Different Results??

I am baffled right now and cannot figure this out. I have 2 columns: Reservations and Operation.

Operation is basically a filter for the Reservations that include:

1. Create 

2. Modify

3. Cancel

Both are displayed in KPI cards.

My first measure is Total Reservations, and the visual is filtered where Operation="Create". 

Second measure is Total Cancellations, using the SAME Reservations column, but where it is filtered on Operation = "Cancel" to

show canceled reservations only.

One of my main slicers is for Segments. When I select a segment, the Reservations filtered on "create" work fine. The reservations filtered on "cancel" either go blank or give me an error??

I've tried different scenarios and can see the breakdown if I put them into a table. But even if I filter the table to a specific segment, the Cancellations go blank again??  What am I missing here??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tihannah
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sorry, I've just semi figured it out. It's something to do with my Segment dimension table and the Reservation data table. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Tihannah sounds good, good luck!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Tihannah
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sorry, I've just semi figured it out. It's something to do with my Segment dimension table and the Reservation data table. 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Tihannah can you post some sample data and the measures you are using, and the error details.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.