Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

g1davies
Helper I
Helper I

SUMIFS in BI across multiple tables

HI,

I am trying to recreate a SUMIFS statement in Power Bi in excel it looks like this:

=SUMIFS(Attendance!B:B,Attendance!A:A,Contact!A:A,Attendance!C:C,1)

How would i recreate this in Power BI??

Thanks

Gavin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @g1davies

You just have to improve your formula as below:

Week 1 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1'[Week Number]),FILTER(Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1,'Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1'[Week Number]=1&&'Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1'[Attendance Detail Contact ID] ='Non Attendance'[Contacts Detail Contact ID]))

Result:

30.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @g1davies

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use CALCULATE to replace SUMIF functions. CALCULATE(SUM([Column]),FILTER(<filter clause>))

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you for helping:

Week 1 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1 (3)'[Week Number]),'Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1 (3)'[Week Number]=1,'Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1 (3)'[Attendance Detail Contact ID] = 'Non Attendance'[Contacts Detail Contact ID])

but i get this error:

The expression contains multiple columns, but only a single column can be used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression.

Can you help?

hi, @g1davies

I have tested on my side by your formula, and reproduce the issue.

9.PNG

There are something wrong in your formula:

First condition should  use EARLIER Function like this

FILTER('Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1 (3)',EARLIER('Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1 (3)'[Week Number])=1)

Second condition 

what is the 'Non Attendance'[Contacts Detail Contact ID]? and what is the relationship between these two tables?

We need more details for us.

Please share your sample pbix  or some data sample and expected output for us. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

HI,

Thank you for your help with this.

The file can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3eq45o01j534tr/Report%20for%20Help.pbix?dl=0

Non attendance is the table I am trying to create, Hopefully the attached makes sense. Want i am trying to do is to see each week who has and has not attended, to do this i want to have a table with a column for contact Ids and the columns for each week so i can see over say 12 weeks the amount of people have attendend and the amount of people who have not attended. 

Contact ID shows all people

Attendance shows everytime someone has attended.

Thanks again

Gavin 

hi, @g1davies

You just have to improve your formula as below:

Week 1 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1'[Week Number]),FILTER(Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1,'Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1'[Week Number]=1&&'Table_local__MIDX_RDL_Q1'[Attendance Detail Contact ID] ='Non Attendance'[Contacts Detail Contact ID]))

Result:

30.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

What if instead of those filters equalling "1", you want it evaluated against a value from another table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.