Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SUMIF in PowerBI?

So I have two data sets - one named data and one named plan. I need to create a column in the plan dataset that pulls in information from the data dataset. There is a column called "Line" in both datasets that I will be looking up on. Then there is a "Total Amount" column in the data dataset where I want to sum the information from. I've looked up how to do a SUMIF in Power BI before but it seems like there are a number of different ways and they don't really make sense to me.

Here is how I would accomplish what I would want to do with a SUMIF formula in Excel:

= SUMIF('Data'!LineColumn, 'Plan'!LineColumn, 'Data'!TotalAmountColumn)

Where the first argument is a lookup column, the second argument is the value you're looking up on a specific row, and the third argument is column that your summing information from that matches the lookup criteria.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

There must be a relationship between these two tables. I guess the table "Plan" is in the 1-side. You could try this formula. The "relatedtable" will find out all the related data and sumx will sum the [Total amount] up.

Column =
SUMX ( RELATEDTABLE ( Data ), [TotalAmount] )

SUMIF in PowerBI.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.