Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

oolamide85
Frequent Visitor

SUM AND SUBTRACT

I would like to sum two columns salary and other overheads column then subtract gross profit from it . Below is my formula 

EBITDA = ('Fin 2'[SalarY]+'Fin 2'[Other overheads])-'Fin 2'[Gross Porif]

Is there a better way to do this as am new to Dax

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @oolamide85,

I made one sample for your reference. The first one is the same as yours. For the second one, it will ignore all the filter.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[SalarY])+CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Other overheads])-CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Gross Porif]))))

all = CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[SalarY]),ALL('Fin 2'))+CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Other overheads]),ALL('Fin 2'))-CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Gross Porif]),ALL('Fin 2'))

Also you can get more details from the attachment. If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

One cannot refer to bare columns when writing measures.  Try this measure

EBITDA = SUM('Fin 2'[SalarY]+'Fin 2'[Other overheads]-'Fin 2'[Gross Porif])

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @oolamide85,

I made one sample for your reference. The first one is the same as yours. For the second one, it will ignore all the filter.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[SalarY])+CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Other overheads])-CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Gross Porif]))))

all = CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[SalarY]),ALL('Fin 2'))+CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Other overheads]),ALL('Fin 2'))-CALCULATE(SUM('Fin 2'[Gross Porif]),ALL('Fin 2'))

Also you can get more details from the attachment. If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.