Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

SQL server connection

Dear all,

I tried to connect to a SQL server but it doesn't work. Please can you help me ? I have these following information : 

• Data Source = "sql-isotarget-qual\Isotarget_qual"
  • Initial Catalog = "VENDORSMDW_QUAL"
  • Name = "VENDORSMDW.Application"

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: SQL server connection

@luca_borome can you connect to this sql server from other application like ssms?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@parry2k : Yes, I can connect to the SQL server by the "ODBC data base" (in fact I can't install on my laptop SSMS) 

image.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @luca_borome ,

You may connect to the SQL Server database using SQL Server database connector in Power BI Desktop, see more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-sql-tutorial.

Please check if the Server name and Database name are correct.

85.png

Please check the Named Pipes connections or TCP/IP connections. See more in the blog:

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2340/resolving-could-not-open-a-connection-to-sql-server-erro...

(Please understand that this link is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.)

You may also resolve the issue via the troubleshooting ink: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/troubleshoot-connecting-to-th....

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi   @luca_borome ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors