Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Unal_Yigit

SAP HANA Multi-Tenant Connection

Hi community,

I want to connect SAP HANA Multi-Tenant Database, On Power BI there is an option like below,
After this selection, I must write tenant database name, but there is no place to write.

Unal_Yigit_0-1681395909712.png

On ODBC Settings, there is a place to write like below.

Unal_Yigit_1-1681396023707.png

I can't connect because of not write to tenant name

I don't want to use ODBC connection instead of native connection

I need help. 

6 REPLIES 6
CharlyZ
Regular Visitor

That happens to me too. There is no solution?

charrington
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi did you find a solution? If yes please share...we have the same issue here. I cannot find the right port/tenant to connect.

Thanks

I solved my problem with the ODBC connection.  I didn't find another solution, so I used it forcedly.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah mee too, using ODBC, but this is not perfect at all. Browsing tons of HANA views is harder (it seems ODBC cannot read folders like the native connector), and we don't get the field description, only technical names, which is also bad.

I know another customer who had the same issue and somehow their infra team found a way to kind of default to the tenant they need. I'll try to find how they did it.

Have a good day

Most of my customers use HANA and I am afraid that if they change Hana types, I will be faced with changing all connections with ODBC.

I am looking forward to the solution from you.

SeyiofAfrica

I likewise have this issue. Does anybody have a pointer as to how to resolve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.