Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

islavov

Run PowerBI Desktop report on-premise in SSRS

In this MS video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOG9HxRpZs at 58.00, it shows you can click on PBIX file in SSRS and it actually renders it, and I am assuming report can rendered via the management URL...

What SQL version is this? I was under the imporession that SQL 2016 RTM will have it....

I am running the latest SQL 2106 RTM release from 22 Sep 2016, which is: Version 13.0.2164.0, and I don't have this feature...

Ability to import and run PowerBI Desktop (*.PBIX) files in SSRS is becoming a hot topic.

Importing is already available, but actually SSRS running it is the feature that everyone is looking for - when/will it ever become a reality?

Ivan Slavov,
GalaxyLinq CTO
2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@islavov As mentioned this was highly anticipated to be announced at PASS summit and it got did. Check this out.

@islavov This was from the Ignite Conference a month ago, this was a demo of what they are currently working on, but have not released yet. With PASS Summit this week in Seattle, I have my fingers crossed 🙂 But I would assume it's on its way to deployment farely soon otherwise they wouldn't have shown it.

And yes, this is SQL 2016.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.