Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rounding Error Query to Report

Net Billing Query.pngNet Billing Report.png

For a given billing document, there is an invoice value of $42.90. In my query editor, this looks correct.

When I bring it into my report, it adds all these 9s when I put 15 decimal places in there, and I can see that my results based on this field become skewed - they are in fact calculating based on the $42.8999999999999 and not the $42.90. 

I've tried rounding from the query editor, and rounding in the report, as shown. When I put the decimal places there I still get the wrong answer. I cannot use Fixed Demical, as all my calculations based on Net Billing break. It may seem like a small issue, but it has a huge impact on my calculations overall.

Is there any way to bring the data in "clean"?

Thank you,

Robert

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I think the best way is use Fixed Demical, if you don't want this, please refer to this similar post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-up-to-two-decimal-but-not-by-rounding/td-p/387300

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.