Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Ribbon Chart Rankings Incorrect

Hi, I have noticed something odd with our Ribbon Charts. I have noticed that the rankings are incorrect. I thought it had something to do with slicers but I have tested by removing all slicers.

It seems to be ranking the actual rank + 1. Below it is ranking 2018 Q4 Dec 1.64.6 as 2 when clearly it is 1 and 2019 Q1 Jan 1.64.6 as 4 when it is 3. The chart starts off correct but goes wrong a few months in, I have tried shortening the time frame but it still errors at a different place.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RibbonSlicer.PNG

In this example the error occurs about half way through the time frame. Up to this point it's correct.

IncorrectIncorrectIncorrectIncorrect

5 REPLIES 5
talk2frank
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue with ribbon charts not ordering their ranking correctly, sadly no fix that I'm aware of

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1,

Based on my test using the Power BI desktop version :2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (December 2018). No issue has been foudn here.  Could you share the pbix, if you don't have confidential data? 

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft

Have you managed to replicate this issue?

Thanks

Is it just me that is having this issue with Ribbon charts? I have been told these are working as designed but I can't understand the explanation.

I added a date slicer to the above pbix file to see when the rankings change and it's when the start date goes from the 23/08/2018 to 24/08/2018. This can't be correct can it??

Ranking CorrectRanking CorrectRanking IncorrectRanking Incorrect

Hi @v-frfei-msft

pbix file

I have taken an export of the particular dataset with no sensitive information and created a ribbon chart and I get the same issue. It starts August to September ribbons.

RibbonSlicer3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.