Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retain Option settings - Microsoft Store Power BI Desktop vs Download file.

Hi All
If I were designing a Standard Power BI (.pbix) file to be used by all the Report Authors/Creators across my organization as a Template (not referring to .pbit here) and I setup Options in Options and settings for both GLOBAL and CURRENT FILE, will these settings be Reset if I install Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Store and/or even if I install newer version of Power BI Desktop from download link?
What is the best practice/way for me to Design a Standard PBIX that can be used by everyone across my organization to maintain consistency in report layout, report title, fonts, size, colour, Regional settings = English (Australia), etc because we're a Melbourne based company and want to keep everything to Australian standards? Or have I missed something important by ruling out .pbit altogether (I'm aware that .pbit is only used if I've designed a PBI model and want to share the same with logic embedded inside without having to send the data due to data privacy/security).
Appreciate your time.
Thanks,
Bhoga

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The global options and settings change frequently.  Continuous user education is the best approach in my opinion.

Look into Themes as well. Yes, and give pbit another thought. There doesn't need to be a datamodel in the file to make the pbit useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.