Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

anmdf
Regular Visitor

Remove totals and sub-totals for some columns in a matrix

Hi Power Bi community,

I wanted to remove totals and sub-totals for some columns in my matrix (Analysis columns, see below). I saw some posts on here, like ISFILTERED and HASONEVALUE, but it doesn't seem to work for me? Could you kindly direct me to the right solution?

DescriptionPeriod A AmountPeriod B AmountPeriod A AnalysisPeriod B Analysis
+ Category 11115AAACCC
A57AAACCC
B68BBBDDD
+ Category 21519XXXYYY
C79XXXYYY
D810ZZZWWW
Total2634AAACCC

Here are the measures for the columns:

Period A AmountCALCULATE([Amount], USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar - Period A'[Date], Database[Date]))
Period B AmountCALCULATE([Amount], USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar - Period B'[Date], Database[Date])) 
Amount = SUM(Database[Value])
Period A Analysis = CALCULATE(MAX(Database[Analysis]), USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar - Period A'[Date],  Database[Date]))
Period B Analysis = CALCULATE(MAX(Database[Analysis]), USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar - Period B'[Date],  Database[Date]))

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @anmdf ,

As @aj1973 suggested, you can make some setting in Format pane to decide which field display the subtotal. Please refer the solution in the following thread to achieve it.

How to remove sub column total from matrix

1. Select the related visual

2. Navigate to Format pane and find Subtotals tab

3. Toggle the option "Per column level" on and turn off these analysis fields 

yingyinr_0-1626083615159.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @anmdf 

Turn off subtotals, Row and Column 

aj1973_0-1625756087231.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi @aj1973 ,

Thanks for the response. However, I don't have this option for column yet, my organization is still in the October 2020 version. As for turning of the row subtotal, it would turn off all the totals and subtotals, but I only want that for two of my columns (the analysis ones).

Hi @anmdf ,

As @aj1973 suggested, you can make some setting in Format pane to decide which field display the subtotal. Please refer the solution in the following thread to achieve it.

How to remove sub column total from matrix

1. Select the related visual

2. Navigate to Format pane and find Subtotals tab

3. Toggle the option "Per column level" on and turn off these analysis fields 

yingyinr_0-1626083615159.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

What version are you currently using? Currently I'm not able to apply the solution to only one column (Oct 2020 version), it removes subtotal for the whole row. I only want to remove the ones in red below.

So far I did field formatting and made the subtotals white in font, but I was wondering if there was a cleaner way to do it.

Capture.PNG

Hi @anmdf ,

The version of my Power BI Desktop is 2.94.921.0 64-bit (June 2021), you can try to update your Power BI Desktop to this version. Later check whether it can resolve the subtotal problem after upgraded.

yingyinr_0-1626314486068.png

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.