Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

pgenero
Frequent Visitor

Remove filter from one column

I have created a table called Calculator Power Query that contains 2 fields (M2, M3) containing a series of values from 0 to 95, incrementing by 5.

pgenero_0-1715813338792.png

I am using 2 filters in the report: one that points to column M2, and one that points to column M3.
I want to filter M2 and with a measure get the maximum value of that filter, avoiding all the filters that may be in M3.
The problem is that I can't avoid filtering M3. Check this image, my metric should return 55, but it is returning 45 (the maximum value in M3):

pgenero_1-1715813483317.png

I can not use the option Edit Interactions between visuals, since my intention is to create another measure based on M3 (that at the same time should avoid M2), and then compare M2 and M3 on the same chart.
Here is my metric:

Calculator_M2 =
CALCULATE(
    MAX('Calculator'[M2]),
    ALL(Calculator[M3])
)

If I use an ALL (Calcultaor), that returns the maximum value in the column. I've tried with other combinations of ALL/ALLEXCEPT/ALLSELECTED but no luck.
I do not realize what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgenero
Frequent Visitor

I've found the reason behind this behaviour and it is related to auto-exist mechanism applied by DAX when there are 2 or more filters operating over the same table.

Refer to this article from sqlbi for better understanding of this: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/understanding-dax-auto-exist/ 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pgenero
Frequent Visitor

I've found the reason behind this behaviour and it is related to auto-exist mechanism applied by DAX when there are 2 or more filters operating over the same table.

Refer to this article from sqlbi for better understanding of this: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/understanding-dax-auto-exist/ 

pgenero
Frequent Visitor

Could it be related with the auto-exist mechanism? I foun an article from SQLBi related to this.

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

what about change the visual interaction and set to no impact?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions?tabs=p...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Please read my post: I can not use the option Edit Interactions between visuals, since my intention is to create another measure based on M3 (that at the same time should avoid M2), and then compare M2 and M3 on the same chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.