Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship not Working when applying view as role function

Hi Again Experts,

Good day!

I have a problem with my dashboard and I think it's due to their relationship. When I applied the view as role function, the last dashboard which is reporting is not working. I did try to create a relationship but still doesn't work. I want to have a relationship between the Hierarchy and the reporting data. Here is an example of their data as attached. I know I need to create one relationship with unique values but I can't make it as it has more than one.

Could you please help me to create a measure where I could create a relationship where the view as role function will work?

Hierarchy:

Employee Data As OfEmployee NoHR_Data_First NameHR_Data_Last NameFull NameStatusVar Plan IDVar Plan DescCountry
2019-03-030009444AlexVan HalenAlex Van HalenActiveLXK01320OEM Account ManagerUnited States

Reporting data:

Empl_IDNameElementCountryPlan IDVar Plan DescJob TypeSales Plan Eff DtJob Data Chg DtLevelBusiness Area
0009444Alex Van HalenTotal RevenueUnited StatesLXK01320OEM Account ManagerOEM Account Manager2018-01-012019-02-15OEMChannel
0009444Alex Van HalenSupplies RevenueUnited StatesLXK01320OEM Account ManagerOEM Account Manager2018-01-012019-02-15OEMChannel

Please advise.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How did you setup your relationship? Have you turn on 'apply security filter on both direction' option? It will affect security filter effect.

22.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How did you setup your relationship? Have you turn on 'apply security filter on both direction' option? It will affect security filter effect.

22.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I just delete one relationship and it's working.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.