Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Maureen
Helper III
Helper III

Relationship lines disappeared after July 2023 update?

I have a power bi desktop file and in the model view, the relationship lines disappeared immediately after I downloaded the July 2023 version of Power BI . . it this an expected result in the new version . . . ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kpost
Super User
Super User

Model View won't even load for me any more since the July update, it just sits and thinks forever.

I have to create a custom layout and pull in only the specific tables that I want to work with, and then it works.

So I can't answer your question directly except to say that you are not the only one experiencing issues with model view in the July update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Maureen as @amitchandak  pointed out, it is already accepted as an issue, check it here Relationship Lines Missing in Model Viewer in Vers... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

kpost
Super User
Super User

Model View won't even load for me any more since the July update, it just sits and thinks forever.

I have to create a custom layout and pull in only the specific tables that I want to work with, and then it works.

So I can't answer your question directly except to say that you are not the only one experiencing issues with model view in the July update.

Maureen
Helper III
Helper III

I do see that if I click on the tables in the model, the lines reappear but when I first open the file - the lines are not there?????  I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this in the new version or again if this is expected in the July 2023 version???

@Maureen , Please check if some issue is reported, if not report a new one - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.