Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pstanek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Related

Hi. wanted to create calculated column, but I haven´t found RELATED function. How is that possible? I thought, it didn´t have problem with direct query

Výstřižek.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

@pstanek

What’s the relationship between the table? And do you use Direct Query model? Please share more details or full screenshot for analysis?

As I tested, it may be caused by the relationship between the table. The relationship is one -> many, or many->one, Which means that for each row in lookup table you can have more than one row in another table. So it returns an error. Here is a similar thread for reference.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

@pstanek

What’s the relationship between the table? And do you use Direct Query model? Please share more details or full screenshot for analysis?

As I tested, it may be caused by the relationship between the table. The relationship is one -> many, or many->one, Which means that for each row in lookup table you can have more than one row in another table. So it returns an error. Here is a similar thread for reference.

Best Regards,
Angelia

It is direct query, but we have streamed data by IT department

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.