Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neelofarshama
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Refresh the report every hour through stored procedures in SQL

Hi,

I have my dashboard built using the stored procedures in SQL Server, I want my Power BI reports to refresh every day in frequency of one hour, also I should display a note in the dashboard stating when was the data last updated.

How can I achieve this any help woukd be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Neelofar Shgama

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @neelofarshama ,

In directquery mode there is something called "Query Folding", this will by no means happen if you use a stored procedure.

I guess you are using import mode, which is limited by the number of refreshes under different licenses.

Power BI limits datasets on shared capacity to eight daily refreshes. If the dataset resides on a Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings. For more information, see Configure scheduled refresh in this article. 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @neelofarshama ,

In directquery mode there is something called "Query Folding", this will by no means happen if you use a stored procedure.

I guess you are using import mode, which is limited by the number of refreshes under different licenses.

Power BI limits datasets on shared capacity to eight daily refreshes. If the dataset resides on a Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings. For more information, see Configure scheduled refresh in this article. 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@neelofarshama , You can schedule a refresh - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

there can be a limit, in case you have pro license

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.