Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

learner03
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Refresh Error-There is not enough memory

I got this below error after waitin 1 and half hour of refresh-
The dataset is not even too large. 4 tables have only 15-20 lines and one has 1 month of timestamp data whici can have about 40,000 lines.

akapoor03_0-1627340031435.png

What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@learner03 , Under option and setting increase the cache memory.

Increase the virtual RAM of your system

Also, check how much RAM other processes are taking. Sometimes browsers takes too much of the memory and Power bi might not be getting enough

refer if needed

https://www.pbiusergroup.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=6cd37af6-...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @learner03 ,

Please filter your resource table, and just load the necessary data. There are some tips about managing Memory, you can review them in this similar thread.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@learner03 , Under option and setting increase the cache memory.

Increase the virtual RAM of your system

Also, check how much RAM other processes are taking. Sometimes browsers takes too much of the memory and Power bi might not be getting enough

refer if needed

https://www.pbiusergroup.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=6cd37af6-...

@amitchandak How much cacke should I increase and this below is the current screenshot.

Also, how can I know what space the reports are taking? I find this a bit strange as uptill now  I have only 4 reports. I have published these 4 in service and it refreshes every 1 hour or 2 hour. Is this refresh related to memory consumption? My data source is a custom connector with .mez extension and given by the warehouse management syatem people and I use that source in the Get Data part.

akapoor03_0-1627354810043.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.