Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NAMI1356
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Dashboard based on Selected Week Filter

Hi , 

We Developed a Dashboard which needs to be Refreshed only Based on Selected Week in Filters.

Scenario: 

Sales in our report have  2 staged

1- Booked (Sales are booked but not confirmed if going to ship or customer may cancel them)

2- Shipped (Here the Sales are conformed and Shipped) / OR Cancelled (Order Cancelled)

We want to Report as below - example

Week 1 Booked: $1000 , Shipped $0   ,  Cancelled: $0

Week2: Booked $5000 , Shipped $500 , Cancelled $100

Week3: Booked $10,000  , Shipped $3000 , Cancelled $500

so  when we refresh the Dashbard in Week 3 ,  it shouldnt change the numbers for Week 1 -   it means if we select the Week 1 again , orders in Book 1 (Booked which might be cancelled now in week 3  or shipped in Week 3) and still showing same numbers . 

Week 1 Booked: $1000 , Shipped $0   ,  Cancelled: $0

or  is there any way we lock our weekly dashboards and save it as seperate pbix file 

any other way to keep track of historical data ?

Regards,

Nami

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @NAMI1356

If you want to keep track of historical data currently that is not capable in Power BI.

What I would suggest is a better way of doing this, is to ensure that your source system where your data comes from can store historical data? Or find a way to use a Data Warehouse or something similar to store the historical data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @NAMI1356,

As the @GilbertQ said, when we refresh, the new data will override the old data. Power Bi can not store the history data. There is a idea, you can vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @NAMI1356,

As the @GilbertQ said, when we refresh, the new data will override the old data. Power Bi can not store the history data. There is a idea, you can vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @NAMI1356

If you want to keep track of historical data currently that is not capable in Power BI.

What I would suggest is a better way of doing this, is to ensure that your source system where your data comes from can store historical data? Or find a way to use a Data Warehouse or something similar to store the historical data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.