Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NAMI1356
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Dashboard based on Selected Week Filter

Hi , 

We Developed a Dashboard which needs to be Refreshed only Based on Selected Week in Filters.

Scenario: 

Sales in our report have  2 staged

1- Booked (Sales are booked but not confirmed if going to ship or customer may cancel them)

2- Shipped (Here the Sales are conformed and Shipped) / OR Cancelled (Order Cancelled)

We want to Report as below - example

Week 1 Booked: $1000 , Shipped $0   ,  Cancelled: $0

Week2: Booked $5000 , Shipped $500 , Cancelled $100

Week3: Booked $10,000  , Shipped $3000 , Cancelled $500

so  when we refresh the Dashbard in Week 3 ,  it shouldnt change the numbers for Week 1 -   it means if we select the Week 1 again , orders in Book 1 (Booked which might be cancelled now in week 3  or shipped in Week 3) and still showing same numbers . 

Week 1 Booked: $1000 , Shipped $0   ,  Cancelled: $0

or  is there any way we lock our weekly dashboards and save it as seperate pbix file 

any other way to keep track of historical data ?

Regards,

Nami

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @NAMI1356

If you want to keep track of historical data currently that is not capable in Power BI.

What I would suggest is a better way of doing this, is to ensure that your source system where your data comes from can store historical data? Or find a way to use a Data Warehouse or something similar to store the historical data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @NAMI1356,

As the @GilbertQ said, when we refresh, the new data will override the old data. Power Bi can not store the history data. There is a idea, you can vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @NAMI1356,

As the @GilbertQ said, when we refresh, the new data will override the old data. Power Bi can not store the history data. There is a idea, you can vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @NAMI1356

If you want to keep track of historical data currently that is not capable in Power BI.

What I would suggest is a better way of doing this, is to ensure that your source system where your data comes from can store historical data? Or find a way to use a Data Warehouse or something similar to store the historical data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.