Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AaronGlenn10
Helper III
Helper III

Ranking a City within a State based on Sales

Power BI Rock Stars:  I have a database of restaurant sales for the state of Texas that are grouped by cities.  When the user selects a city for analysis, it would be cool to provide the city's overall ranking within the state based on most recent sales reported.  For example - Houston #1, Dallas, #2, etc...  Thank you!

AaronGlenn10_0-1644963360431.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @AaronGlenn10 

Here is a link that I believe will provide you the outcome you are after: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Ignore-slicer-in-ranking-measure/m-p/560833

It basically is a RANKX measure that ignores slicers. 

Cheers,

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @AaronGlenn10 

Here is a link that I believe will provide you the outcome you are after: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Ignore-slicer-in-ranking-measure/m-p/560833

It basically is a RANKX measure that ignores slicers. 

Cheers,

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

That worked - thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.