Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lokosrio
Helper II
Helper II

RANKX function for fiscal year-week with sorting by date

Hi,

I want to create an RANKX function with grouping by FYYear-Week, but also sort by date, right now I have a function:

RANKX ( dim_calendar, dim_calendar[FYYearWeek],, ASC, DENSE )
but as you can see on the picture below it is not sorted properly, because FYYearWeek = 2022/52 is bigger than FYYearWeek = 2022/01:

lokosrio_0-1660223789749.png

Logically it makes sense, but I want to add sorting by date to my formula, so instead of index = 107 should be 55 and so on

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lokosrio , for that case we create an FY year week column on the year of week start date.

FY Week = QUOTIENT(DATEDIFF(Minx(FILTER('Date',[FY Year]=EARLIER([FY Year])),'Date'[Start of Week]),[Date],DAY),7)+1

Then create = [FY year]*100 + [FY Week]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lokosrio , for that case we create an FY year week column on the year of week start date.

FY Week = QUOTIENT(DATEDIFF(Minx(FILTER('Date',[FY Year]=EARLIER([FY Year])),'Date'[Start of Week]),[Date],DAY),7)+1

Then create = [FY year]*100 + [FY Week]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.