Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

noobie12
Frequent Visitor

Questions regarding on extraction of data on active directory groups and members & dataflow lineage

i have 2 questions, hopefully someone can answer ❤️ 

is it possible to get data from the active directory. i wanted to get the ad groups that are mail enabled and it's members as we need it to check with our usage adoption pbix report. if this is possible, can you please guide me through it? i have tried to connect with our domain but it seems that i am encountering a connection eror.

for my 2nd question, would it be possible to show the dataflow sources of a dataflow? it seems that it only shows sap, sharepoint etc. 

thank you so much in advance for your insights!

1 REPLY 1
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

You can get data from AD if you have permission on the source, but iirc scheduled refresh is still not supported for the connector last I checked. I would use the fully qualified domain name when you connect if you're not right now, and make sure you're connected to the network (eg VPN if needed). 

There's also Azure AD group data in the Graph API that you can potentially get with Power Automate HTTP action or other tool if that's useful to you. That source would let you schedule refresh. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.