Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sushain
Frequent Visitor

Query regarding Date Format

Hello All,

I am working on a project and I am stuck at a point. Plz help me out. My doubt is I am fetching a dataset from salesforce into power bi via google sheet. That dataset has a date column in the format dd/mm/yyyy in google sheet. When its loaded in Power Query the format remains same but when it comes loading into Power BI the format changes. For example in Power Query some dates in dd/mm/yyyy format like 07/04/2022 in Power Query would change to mm/dd/yyyy taking 07 as month number and 04 as date i.e 04th July, 2022. Few dates don't change their formatting whereas few do. Plz help me out. I hope I have cleared my confusion.

Thanku in advance for helping me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thx @CNENFRNL for this solution but fyi this solution is not working. This is what I was facing but I have resolved my issue thx to @tamerj1 guidance. I didn't add "en-GB" command but still the problem got resolved.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Simple enough,

Record_2022_06_22_10_56_38_266.gif

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

Thx @CNENFRNL for this solution but fyi this solution is not working. This is what I was facing but I have resolved my issue thx to @tamerj1 guidance. I didn't add "en-GB" command but still the problem got resolved.

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sushain 

you can use "Locale" to define UK or US format. Or otherwise change the regional settings of your system 

Hi @tamerj1,

I am getting this error I did some transformations. Can u help me with this? How should I resolve it?

Sushain_0-1655882942005.png

@Sushain 

Try first transform it into decimal then to date

Thx @tamerj1 for your help. That didnt solve my problem. I treid doing as u said but it didn't work out. 

Again I did some other transformations and finally its resolved now.

Still Thanks for your help.

Sure Let me try.

Hi Sushain, 

please share how you resolved the issue for the community to learn. Thank you! 🙂 

Best, 

Kelly Kaye

Sure @KellyK . I will share the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.