Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Publishing to Service in November Update

After upgrading to the November update, I am no longer able to publish to Service. I've tried both a client and personal account. Using the October version on a different computer, it publishes okay. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
mitsu
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

I am facing the sam issues . The anlysis service  Data set on the Power Bi service keeps showing this warning which says "An Unknown error has occured".  As far as publishing to the service form the Desktop is concerned , we are seening this issue in some of our reports not all . We are not using any cutom visual . However if we delete the data set and the report and re publish it it seems to be working we have  toms of report designed on analysis service and would not be feasible to re publish all of those and re pin the tiles on the dashbord .. please help out,

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@mitsu:

Strangely you are not the only one who had encountered the problem. I had the same issue - the reports within the PBI Desktop worked fine on my server, but I was not able to publish them to the web service. Directly connecting to the existing source in the web-service worked fine, though.

I could narrow the issue down to the backend source. For PBI "in file" models it worked fine, same for SQL backend models. I also tried re-creating the very simple report, so it was not about the "complex" report itself.

Solution: I re-installed the Power BI SSAS Connector and applied the most recent version. Before that I had a 2 months old version. I assume that they have changed something in the web-service which "broke the link" with the 2 month old SSAS connector.

I did uninstall and install the latest version of the connector and the Publishing to the service seems to work fine now . Thank you !

KristenPugi
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having exactly same issue. Deploying via Power BI Dektop or loading .pbix file the result is same - data is loaded, but reports are not opening. Any solution available?

The problem is related with Waterfall visual types (and Combo chart). If I delete one from my reports, then report loads and opens.

I guess it is somehow related with visual interactions or new date hierarcy. Also I noticed that Waterfall chart is not sorting properly in axis.

MS - any solutions?

As no answer from MS side then have to search solution by myself. After testing different patterns I noticed that problem starts with Visual Interactions. I have   21 visuals in the report. Changing Visual interactions from default to not allowed then in some point report stops to load. I haven't figured out the exact point. Seems that too many visuals with non default visual interactions is the key.

Thanks for the additional input. In my case, I am not using any customized visual interactions. This was a report that originally was created on the October version, published fine to test initially, and then without modification no longer publishes with the November update. In my case, I believe that it can be attributed to the combo chart mentioned in an earlier post.

meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Are you able  to upload the .pbix file careted with November update of Power BI Desktop to service using browser ?

@meysun,  I could, but it has a tabular data source using the SSAS connector. Is that going to be a problem for testing? Let me try creating one with a dummy Excel source to test, and I will upload it if I still have the issue.

Forzapuglia
Frequent Visitor

I am having the issue where I can publish to Service, but the Report chart/tiles do not display or load in the Report view, yet my tiles in the Dashboards do update their numbers from the Refresh. Even when going into the Report Editing in Service, none of my Tables or Fields load. 

This only started when i updated my tiles/fitlers with some of the new updates in November (Visual Interactions and Date hierarchy).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.