Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kad2022

Publish (workspace mess-up)

Hello – need your help badly!

I installed a trial version of PowerBI couple of months ago. Created a few sample reports and published. Now I have a licensed version of powerbi. I created a new user acct in Microsoft(I know I supposedly using the old acct to convert to a licensed version, but didn't do that smh!). Now I am frustrated as all reports that publish go straight to the old accounts' myworkspace. How do I change it to the new/licensed account’s myworkspace?

Thanks in advance

anita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kad2022 

Click sign in in your Power BI Desktop to sign in to your new account, please confirm which account you are signed in to.

vzhangti_0-1648533542899.png

Another way is that you save your PBIX file and then click Upload File in the New Workspace.

vzhangti_1-1648534083930.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kad2022

YAY!! That's all I had to do. Thanks a million community support team!!!

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, The only reason I think this could happen is that your PBI desktop is logged into the old account. Have you checked that?

Hey Dave, Make perfect sense.

Removed the PowerBI desktop and reinstalled the app. Still it's doing the same thing. How to change that connection between the desktop powerBI and account? Thanks so much for the response.

Hi @kad2022 

Click sign in in your Power BI Desktop to sign in to your new account, please confirm which account you are signed in to.

vzhangti_0-1648533542899.png

Another way is that you save your PBIX file and then click Upload File in the New Workspace.

vzhangti_1-1648534083930.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.