Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alexandre_Matos

Publish in a pecific working area/space

I've crieited a specific working space (Indicators 2020) inside my working area. I already published some reports there but now, when I try to publish a report the option "Indicators 2020" is not present. Yesterday I made some changes at the Administration section and I think this problem comes from that. unfortunatly I don't remember the changes I made.... can you please help me to solve this problem. Thank's in advance

7 REPLIES 7
edhans
Super User
Super User

I don't understand this statement. "I've crieited a specific working space (Indicators 2020) inside my working area."

You cannot create workspaces inside of workspaces. There is no concept of sub-workspaces. If "working area" means your Office 365 tenant, you'd need to review the Audit Logs (need to be an admin to do that) to see what happened to that workspace.

If I am not understanding, please post back using the terminology used in Office 365/Power BI if possible, as "working area" is not descriptive of any Office 365/Power BI object.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm new using power bi and I don't know the correct terminology and I'm sorry for that.

As you can see in the image below, inside "Workspace" I've reated a "Folder" or "sub-workspace" with the name Indicadores 2020.

Alexandre_Matos_0-1593184158760.png

When I try to publish a report inside that "folder" or "sub-workspace" it vanished from the options. Until yesterday everything was fine, I could choose betwhen "Workspace" and "Indicadores 2020". I don't have the audit logs activated

Alexandre_Matos_1-1593184399926.png

Is there a way to undo the changes I made yesterday?

Maybe. I don't know. You can undo the deletion of a group in Office 365, which is what creates a 1st Gen Workspace for Power BI. You cannot "undo" the renaming. You'd just have to rename it back. Although I've not tried it, I suspect you can also undelete a 2nd Gen Workspace.

But I don't know what you did yesterday. You haven't told us. Just that something is not where you expect it to be.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

I was wondering if a reset "button" existed and by pressing it I could get the original options...

When I try to publish a report done on power bi desktop, I do not get the usual destination options. but if I go to power bi on my browser the workspace I've created is there and all the reports submeted are also there. so why the hell it doens't come as an option to publish new updates of the already published reports?

Hi @Alexandre_Matos ,

In addition, maybe you can try this test in Power BI Service.

In your new workspace, click get data, and connect the pbix file that you want to publish.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Are you properly signed in to Power BI desktop? It shows you what you have permission to publish to. If you are a Viewer, and not a Member, Contributor, or Admin, you cannot publish, and the desktop tool will not show those workspaces. See this article.

There is no "Reset this workspace back to yesterday's settings" button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.