Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GeronimoData
Frequent Visitor

Publish and share report with Feature Usage and Adoption and Purview Hub data with other users

Hello Power BI Community, 

I have created a Power BI Report with some queries that are loaded in Import mode and also some Direct Queries.
Direct Queries come from the Admin Monitoring Workspace and include the Feature Usage and Adoption and Purview Hub data.

This in order to share with the stakeholders information about what is going on in our Tenant. 

When i Publish the report for the visuals that contain the Direct Queries i get the message Can't display visual:

• Activity ID10465778-e31f-47f2-b422-6d91d75b5f4d
  • Request ID2ffc046b-0c35-4d87-a264-0e13eec96be7
  • Correlation IDf23e5f20-8639-0fe0-2d8b-0b5a7e0a5896
  • TimeWed Jan 17 2024 09:23:05 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
  • Service version13.0.22352.90
  • Client version2312.4.17446-train
  • Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Copy

Also i foresee some problems when sharing the reports with the stakeholders who are not Power BI Admins.

So basically i have two questions i would like to know your opinion on. 

Any thoughts on how to resolve that error notification?
    And how to share these insights with non power bi admins?

In addtion, i am a Power BI Admin in our tenant.

Kind regards, 
    Geronimo

3 REPLIES 3
GeronimoData
Frequent Visitor

Hello, it is a directquery to the Power BI Dataset - Purview Hub. But it doesn't seem to work for other people to view the content. They can see the report, but not the data behind it. Can't display visual error. I can view them an interact with the data.

Anyone has a solution on how this could be achieved? It's just to show people what Power BI Apps we have live in a power bi report.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @GeronimoData,

regarding the second question, you can give them viewer permission to the workspace that you published the report to, and they could view the report. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello Idriss, 

Thanks for your  message. I am aware of the sharing options from a workspace. But my concern lies in the fact that the direct query source comes from the admin workspace. 
Thanks and I will try as soon as i get the error message resolved!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.