Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

benz-fsproduce
Frequent Visitor

Projecting Employee Retention

Hi I am looking to see if PowerBi has the capability to project future retention percentages based on previous 12 months retention. I am trying to forecast our employee retention rate for 2023. I'm not sure if I could create a measure to show this, or if it is even possible for PowerBi to forecast data. I have included a screenshot of the graph I currently have and would love to add a projection line to if possible. Thanks. 

benzfsproduce_0-1677442361554.png

4 REPLIES 4
Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Len_Barr
Resolver I
Resolver I

There may be a problem with the Y-axis measure you are using - trying replacing it with some other measures/ columns and see if it turns on. 

If thats the case, then you may need to do the following with your Retention %: 

1. instead of using a percentage - use actual numbers

2. Try unfiltering the dates in this graph - the limited number of years may not be enough for the algorithm to figure out a forecastable trend

Len_Barr
Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes its absolutely possible and easy. 

The only caveat is that this can only be done on a single line chart - not the type that you have above. 
1. Put your measure into single line chart -with a date formatted time column as the x-axis and your retention numbers as the y axis

2. In the visualisation analytics pane, chose the third icon (magnifying glass). 

3. Second from last option - Forecast - turn on

Easy as that

Accept this as the solution if this is what you wanted

Thanks for your help. The problem I'm now having is that it will not allow me to turn forecast on. I try to change it from off and it won't turn on. 

benzfsproduce_0-1677443872982.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.