Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Miruthan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Programatically change the Data Source connection of .PBIX file

Hi,

We have requirement to replicate same report to multiple client, only we need to change the data source. Is there any way i can programtically change the data source of .pbix file without open the file and automatically publish to Power Bi report server?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Programatically change the Data Source connection of .PBIX file

Hi @Miruthan,

Here is a similar thread in which a possible solution to programtically change the data source of .pbix file without open the file is mentioned. Could you go to check if it helps in your scenario?

As to automatically publish to Power Bi report server, I haven't seen a possible solution currently. Smiley Happy

Regards

Miruthan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hi @v-ljerr-msft I dont think the solution will help me, I am connecting SSAS multi dimensional cube,. Is there any way using C# or powershell i can update the connection string.

v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Miruthan,

As far as I I know, there're no such ways using  C# or powershell to update the connection string for a pbix file currently. Smiley Happy

Regards

dhawal16 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Miruthan,

Did you able to achieve this? We have exactly same need except we want to change SQL DB and not SSAS.

Please let me know.

Cheers,

Dhawal

Miruthan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @dhawal,

No, We are not able to achieve, but we need to find the workaroud. Please share your thoughts if you have some.