Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tthimoteo

Problems connecting to MySQL

Guys, I am trying to connect Power BI Desktop to a MySQL database from a supplier, however I am getting the following error message:

tthimoteo_1-1645708886530.png

tthimoteo_0-1645708671482.png

In English "We couldn´t authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again."

The same information were used to connect MySQL Workbench and it worked fine.

tthimoteo_2-1645708959858.png

I also installed the certificate in the MMC Trusted certificate (.pfx file provided by the DB owner) in the same computer and even so it didn´t work.

tthimoteo_3-1645709078537.png

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Thiago

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tthimoteo 

This maybe a permission/authentication error. When you ever connect to  your data source in an unauthorized account, the corresponding credential would be created. You may need to change credential,  go to “File –> Options and Settings –> Data Source Settings”, under “Global permissions”, select old SQL Server data source connections and click on Edit permission in Power BI Desktop, then connect to it and check if it is successful.

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support , Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET", or go to Issue forum  to get further help.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It shouldn't really be necessary but you can try appending the port number to the server name (with comma)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.