Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

CbalarezoL

Problem: Conect Postgres SQL GCP platform with Power BI desktop

Hello Community!:

I have a problem trying to connect a Postgres BD on GCP platform with Power BI Desktop, the mesage that show it is:

"Se produjo un error al leer datos desde el proveedor: 'El certificado remoto no es válido según el procedimiento de validación.'"

I tried conecting with localhost server and it run very well, i think the problem es with GCP platform.

Plaese help me with some tips to achive the proper conection. I am running on windows 10 64bits.

Many thanks!

César

5 REPLIES 5
bpfs10
Regular Visitor

1. Download Npgsql-4.0.13.msi . When you install it , make sure to check on 2 options (performance and GAC) display "Will be installed on local hard drive" and choose. The red X will disappear.

2. On Power BI go to File-> Options -> Data Source Configuration, choose Postgres connection, and then "Edit permission" and unmark "Encrypt Connections".

3. Try again

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, I have that same problem with that BD

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

hello! is it resolved yet?

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CbalarezoL ,

Has your problem been solved?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CbalarezoL ,

Please refer to the article.

PostgreSQL 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.