Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

panpac

PowerBi Desktop on Citrix server

Hi

We have had PowerBi desktop installed on citrix server for a while now. Recently after updates it either hangs at startup and uses all the RAM the server has or does that then crashes. I've tried uninstall and install newest version. 64bit vs 32bit no change.

Any idea what could be causing it ? I cant find a way to download older versions to see if its the app itself or windows updates causing the problem

3 REPLIES 3
PanPac2

Sorry couldnt log on with my other account. I enabled tracing via registery as i can't get in to do it with the gui.

I ran the app and let it go for a while as it used all the free memory (64bit) then killed the task. 

How do i attach 160k log file? it wont let me copy paste the contents in this post.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @panpac ,

Minimum requirements 

Please refer to this document to check whether the minimum software and hardware requirements for installing Power BI Desktop are met.

Maybe the latest version of Power BI Desktop has higher requirements for software or hardware, which causes the version update to fail.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.