Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dmoor349

PowerBI Report Server Not Accepting Upload

Hello, I am attempting to upload a report to PowerBI Server (May 2020), which was created in PowerBI Desktop (September 2020). I'm getting an error with the following stack trace: 2020-10-08 09:21:47.1662|ERROR|80|Failure in reportproperties| RequestID = s_da908ba8-e459-4960-ac9c-02ba1dc762c8 System.IO.FileFormatException: Input file or data stream does not conform to the expected file format specification. at Microsoft.PowerBI.Packaging.Storage.BasePowerBIPackagePart.ValidateExistsIfRequired() at Microsoft.PowerBI.Packaging.PowerBIPackager.Validate(Package storagePackage, Version& pbixFileVersion) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Packaging.PowerBIPackager.Open(Stream storageStream, Boolean& requiresConversionToReportLayout, Byte[]& securityBindings, Version& pbixFileVersion, Boolean skipValidation) at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.PbixLib.Parsing.PbixParserV1.ParsePbixFileIntoParts(Stream pbixFileAsStream, String requestId, String sessionId, Boolean areCustomVisualsEnabled) at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.PbixLib.Parsing.PbixParserV1.ParsePbixFileIntoParts(Stream pbixFileAsStream, String requestId, String sessionId) at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.PbiApi.PbiApiController.d__38.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.PbiApi.PbiApiController.d__37.MoveNext() 2020-10-08 09:21:47.1662|INFO|80|Sending response. Response code NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 400, Elapsed time 0:00:00.0094633| RequestID = s_da908ba8-e459-4960-ac9c-02ba1dc762c8 Apologies for the poorly formatted stack trace - the post removed some characters. As far as I can tell there is no more recent version of PBI Server than May 2020. So I'm assuming this isn't a compatibility issue. Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dmoor349 , As far as I remember power bi has version optimized for the report server.

Are you using that or not

refer :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/install-powerbi-desktop

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dmoor349 , As far as I remember power bi has version optimized for the report server.

Are you using that or not

refer :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/install-powerbi-desktop

Thanks. I installed it, but now I can't open my report with this version. Does this mean I need to throw away what I've done and redo it using this other version of PBI desktop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.