Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vytas
Helper I
Helper I

Power Bi and Power Pivot different results on same model

Hello , 

I have data model in Power Bi.  Connected same data model in Excel Power Pivot and getting different results. 

Model is simple 2 tables - Product an Product Sales. 

vytas_0-1628584841138.png

vytas_1-1628584939264.png

In PowerBi i get result i want - under product just sales quantities from that product, but in Power Pivot it is different - seems like there is no connection between tables , why ? (Implicit , explicit measures ? )

Power BI Matrix report (no explicit measures created)

vytas_2-1628585217821.png

Power Pivot Report 

vytas_3-1628585294716.png

Thank You in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vytas ,

Since it is not a Power BI issue, you can go to the Power Pivot forum to consult.

From what I have learned, your Power Pivot table seems to lack a hierarchy. Please kindly refer to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/hierarchies-in-power-pivot-002cf883-3b5f-497c-bfa1-ab2271...

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vytas
Helper I
Helper I
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vytas ,

Since it is not a Power BI issue, you can go to the Power Pivot forum to consult.

From what I have learned, your Power Pivot table seems to lack a hierarchy. Please kindly refer to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/hierarchies-in-power-pivot-002cf883-3b5f-497c-bfa1-ab2271...

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vytas , Put sum(Sales Quantity)  and check, I doubt power pivot showing 0 /blank value too

I don't want sum quantites - i want to see every quantitie was sold by product as i see in Power BI Matrix. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.