Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

powerbitag
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI with BigQuery connector: oAuth error

Hi!

I have migrated my business data to Google Drive recentily and for the Power BI project we are running a demand with Direct Query and the connector for BigQuery is quite usefull. 

The tables of BigQuery are Google Sheets origin.

On Big Query console I've created a dataset, a table and a vision (seems like PBI connects only with visions) and trying to connect to my data by PBI Desktop and got this error:

erro pbi.PNG

I dont know how configure oAuth on Power BI neither Google Drive or BigQuery and the infos a got from forums and StackOver Flow are confuse and mention Google Drive API, service account, scope and things that not correlated.

Can you help me with this config? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @powerbitag 

Could you please show some detailed steps when you encounter this problem? Maybe it help. Thanks

Best Regards

Allan

Hi!

I've created in my Google Console a dataset, table and vision, like this (my vision is a SELECT * FROM table):

erro pbi1.PNGAfter this, I've openned a blank project in Power BI and try to connect to my storage by GoogleBigQuery Connector. Put my credencials (is the same of my Clound's account) and tried to connect, and got this error.

Doing a little research about this error, seems like I need a OAuth key because I'm using a Google Sheets source (from that Drive). This is ok, but where I put this key? BigQuery connector dont let me add none information except credentials.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Do we an solution to this, as i am receiving same error OAUTH2 from Poewr BI Service --> GCP --> BigQuery

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.