Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GaiusIulius

Power BI trend analysis for identifying low-performing product variants

Hi lovely PowerBI-Community,

I have a general question about trend/regression analysis in PowerBI that would help writing my thesis.

Following problem: For Example I have sales data including revenue, sales numbers, profit margins, date and of course names of product variants (this is really simplified; in realtiy you would have more data. Those data I've already implemented in Line/Trend-Charts. Is it possible to analyse the trendlines automatically by PowerBI Dax to identify poor product variants? I dont wan't a person to have a look at each line graph (revenue, profit etc.) in order to identy poor product variants. I want a visual that shows me directly poor running variants. So is an algorithm needed to analyse more complex trend lines or is there a different solution to my topic?

I would really appreciate helpful answers :). If you need more details, feel free to ask.

Best regards 
Gaius

1 REPLY 1
whitch
Resolver I
Resolver I

I would make a measure which ranks the products, put all producst in a matrix, then use top-10 filters (filtered on your ranking measure) so the matrix only shows the worst products. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.